McLeod Law is well recognized for our expertise in construction law litigation. Our lawyers have represented major home builders, general contractors, oil and gas operators, home owners, condominium corporations, property managers and rental managers, on matters ranging from disputes over amounts owing under a contract, to multi-million dollar construction deficiency claims.
Our construction litigation lawyers advise and represent clients on a wide variety of construction litigation matters, including:
- Construction claims
- Alternative dispute resolution and arbitrations
- Registering builders' liens
- Enforcement of builders' liens and establishing lien funds
- Prosecution and defence of builders' lien claims
- Alberta New Home Warranty Program / National Home Warranty Program disputes and claims
- Prosecution and defence of claims for the recovery of monies owing on behalf of general contractors and subcontractors
- Defence of Safety Codes Act and Occupational Health and Safety Charges, on behalf of contractors, builders and land owners
- Alberta Building Code requirements
- Safety Codes Act issues and Occupational Health and Safety issues
- Prosecution and defence of claims related to deficient or faulty construction of buildings, homes and condominiums, including building envelop issues
- Prosecution and defence of Operators' Lien and Processors' Lien claims
Our construction litigation team is well regarded in the construction industry and works closely with engineer firms and other construction professionals on behalf of our clients.