Simon is a partner in the Personal Injury group of McLeod Law. His practice focuses almost exclusively on representing plaintiffs who have suffered injuries as the result of other peoples’ negligence. His clients have been injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, dental malpractice, slips and falls, defective products, assaults, and other negligent acts.
Having worked as a lawyer for insurance companies for nearly a decade before choosing to represent plaintiffs, Simon brings a unique insight to his practice. He understands the importance of vigorous representation and effective negotiation to bring a fair and reasonable settlement to a file.
Simon is also experienced trial counsel, having represented both injured people and insurance companies at trial and in the Court of Appeal. He has taken complex matters to trial and appeal involving serious personal injuries, income loss, and substantial out of pocket and treatment expenses.
A frequent lecturer, Simon regularly speaks on topics of interest in the areas of personal injury, insurance law, and civil procedure.
- Guest Lecturer, Haskayne School of Business MBA program
- Guest Instructor, Chartered Insurance Professionals Program
- Emcee, McLeod Law LLP 2nd Annual Health Care Symposium, May 28, 2015
- Presenter, Legal Education Society of Alberta, April 2012
- Presenter, “Experts – “ Alberta Civil Trial Lawyer’s Association
- Presenter “Dealing with Insurers”, Canadian Bar Association – October 2010
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyer’s Association (ACTLA)