Rick Breen is a member of the firm’s Corporate / Commercial and Wills & Estates groups. He advises individuals and companies on structuring their personal and corporate affairs in an effective and efficient manner.
Rick combines an extensive financial services background with almost 20 years of experience in the legal industry, advising owner-managers of private corporations on organizational, transactional and financing matters.
Rick is a representative for the firm’s TAGLaw global alliance of law firms and a past member of their Advisory Board.
Rick is very active in community organizations, involved in both provincial and municipal levels of government and coaches youth sports.
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2010
- Awarded the Alberta Centennial Medal for Outstanding Service to the People and Province of Alberta
- Contributor, "Wills & Estates Practice Manual”, Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA), 2016
- “Your Estate Planning Documents”, Wills & Estates Update, McLeod Law LLP, March 2012. This news bulletin explains how new Alberta legislation may significantly impact current Estate Plans and the importance of ensuring that your Estate Plan continues to meet your wishes.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Association of Family Enterprise (CAFE), Calgary
- Board Member, Willow Park Charity Golf Glassic
- Board Member, University of Calgary, Chancellor's Challenge
- Board Member, Calgary ACADIA Progressive Conservative Association
- Director of several Public and Private Corporations
- Past Member, University of Calgary Senate
- Quoted in the article, "How to hand off family getaway: Leaving property to your loved ones isn't as simple as it seems", Calgary Herald, November 1, 2011