Brett is an Associate in the Wills & Estates Group. Her practice includes assisting clients with contested Dependant Adult applications, litigious issues arising out of Enduring Power of Attorney enactment, estate planning, applications for grants of probate and administration as well as Guardianship and Trusteeship appointments. Brett represents both beneficiaries and interested parties. In addition, she assists with corporate commercial matters and private equity financing transactions.
Brett holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (With Distinction) and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (With Distinction) from the University of Calgary. After graduating with her undergraduate degrees Brett began working in a Calgary based not-for-profit in volunteer management. Brett returned to the University of Calgary and simultaneously completed her JD and MBA degrees. She articled with McLeod Law LLP and was admitted to the bar in 2012.
- McMan Youth Family and Community Services Association, Behavioural Therapy Aide
- Student Legal Assistance, Caseworker
- Business Link, Legal Advisor
- Alberta Mentorship for Youth Foundation, Volunteer Coordinator
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Member, Calgary Bar Association