For more than 40 years, Barry has been practicing personal injury law, representing Plaintiffs involved in serious injury claims arising from motor vehicle accidents. Barry has significant experience representing clients who are involved in catastrophic injury or fatality claims.
Barry has extensive trial experience with over 20 reported cases, and has appeared at all levels of court in Alberta and Manitoba. He has also participated in numerous mediations and Judicial Dispute Resolution conferences.
In 2002 Barry acted as the lead lawyer in the precedent-setting Jensen case in Calgary. This case involved calling in the first forensic trauma epidemiologist to Canada, who specializes in spinal trauma injuries and whose evidence was accepted, that there are several risk factors which may predispose individuals to suffer spinal injury from a rear-end collision.
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA), “Expert Evidence” paper, October 2009
- Emcee, McLeod Law LLP 1st Annual Health Care Symposium, May 28, 2014
- Presenter, “Damages”, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA) conference, October 2009
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Past President, Rady JCC, Winnipeg
- Past Chair, Calgary JCC
- Past Chair, Council of Canadian JCC’s and YMHA’s
- Spokesperson for “Lawyers Against No-Fault Auto Insurance”, Manitoba