Barry serves as counsel at McLeod Law LLP and is in the Exempt Capital Markets group. He practices corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on corporate finance and commercial transactions. Barry is active in the private commercial lending industry and has been involved in the establishment and management of several mortgage investment corporations and mutual fund trusts. Barry has served on the Board of Directors for the Private Capital Markets Association (PCMA), a national voice in capital markets and industry leader on complex private capital and exempt market issues across Canada.
Barry was born and raised in southern Alberta. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Calgary in 1978 and his LL.B. from the University of Windsor in 1982. He practiced at a large national firm for the first part of his career.
Barry has been a volunteer with several charities and most recently served as Director of the Heritage Park Foundation. He is fluent in Spanish.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Board of Directors, Private Capital Markets Association (PCMA), National, 2014 - 2017
- Board of Directors, Private Capital Markets Association (PCMA), Private Lending Professionals Committee, 2016
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Grasslands Naturalists Society
- Member, Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Past Director, the Heritage Park Foundation