Rod is the retired founding, managing, senior partner of McLeod Law. He managed the firm’s affairs from its inception until his retirement in December of 2004. For more than 30 years he was a solicitor, arbitrator, community volunteer and a member of Boards of Directors for a variety of private and public corporations and professional organizations. His legal practice focused on private and commercial real estate development working with a variety of clients through all stages of their development.
He was an active contributor to numerous professional and charitable boards and committees.
Rod was Appointed Queen’s Counsel by the Province of Alberta in 1986 and named a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International in 1997.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Chair, Vice-Chair and Committee Member, Real Property Section, Canadian Bar Association, South Alberta
- Bencher and Committee Member, Law Society of Alberta, including Conduct, Professional Responsilibity (Ethics), Insurance, Land Titles Liaison and Paralegal and Unauthorized Practices Committees
- Chair and Panelist, Legal Education Society of Alberta, regarding numerous real property law related topics
Previous Community Involvement
- Chairman’s Circle, South Alberta Institute of Technology
- Advisory Committee, Mount Royal College’s Entrepreneurship program
- Organizing Director and Founding President, Calgary Crime Stoppers Association
- Board Member, William Roper Hull Home
- Member, Board of Governors, West Island College
- Chair of the organizing committee, Willow Park Charity Golf Classic, 1987-1992
- Accredited Minor Hockey Coach
- Member, Alberta Securities Commission and Chair of the Commission’s Governance Committee
- Bencher, Law Society of Alberta